Re: Proposal for animation-pause property

On 2016/05/09 16:32, Michael Großklaus wrote:
> Usually none, which would be the expected behavior to me for an
> iteration-delay if I don't apply a specific value (since 'none' is the
> default fill-mode value).
>

>> Am 09.05.2016 um 09:01 schrieb Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com
>> <mailto:bbirtles@mozilla.com>>:

>>> Maybe I'm missing something, but why not just use the existing
>>> animation-fill-mode? Of course, you could implement a new fill-mode
>>> property and there might be a use case for it (which I don't see at the
>>> moment)... but in my opinion it would not be mandatory because you could
>>> just use the current animation-fill-mode (which would be much more
>>> useful imho anyway).
>>
>> What value do you use to fill to use between iterations?

I'm pretty sure the people who investigated it last time[1] discovered
that sometimes you want to use the final value of the previous iteration
(pause at end), sometimes you want to use the first value of the next
iteration (pause before start), sometimes you want nothing (like you
said), and these don't necessarily correspond with what you want to
happen before and after the animation begins/ends.

Brian

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2015JanMar/0092.html