Re: [mediaqueries] scripting

> On Feb 6, 2016, at 04:03, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>
> # scripting:
> #   enabled
> #     Indicates that the user agent supports scripting of the page and
> #     that support is active for the current document.
> #   initial-only
> #     Indicates that scripting is enabled during the initial page load,
> #     but is not supported afterwards. Examples are printed pages, or
> #     pre-rendering network proxies that render a page on a server and
> #     send a nearly-static version of the page to the user.
> #   none
> #     Indicates that the user agent will not run scripts for this document;
> #     either it doesn’t support a scripting language, or the support isn’t
> #     active for the current document.
>
> I'm wondering if what you actually mean here is more like
>
> scripting: none | onload | interact
>
> ?
>
> Or does 'initial-only' not fire onload events, either?

I don't think 'initial-only' was attempting to be specific about exactly
at what point scripts stop running, but just generally capturing the idea
that at first they run, but eventually that stops. Maybe we can be explicit
that this means going at least as far as firing the onload events?

As for renaming enabled to interact, I am not sure. I am not overly fond
of "enabled". However, if you consider a device that doesn't have any input
mechanism (e.g. digital signage) but still runs scripts forever, it doesn't
sound interactive to me, but it is "script enabled". Any better idea? "full"?

 - Florian