Re: [mediaqueries] hover: on-demand

> On Feb 6, 2016, at 03:56, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>
> hover: none | on-demand | hover
>
> Unless we can make 'on-demand' result in a boolean evaluation of "false",
> I think we should drop the value and classify such UAs as "hover: none".
> It seems like these UAs should be opted into @media not (hover) designs
> rather than @media (hover) designs.

I agree, but I think Tab doesn't (he introduced this part), so I'd like
to hear his take on this.

> We can note that :hover and hover events *can* trigger on such devices,
> but nothing in the page should be designed for that mode of interaction.

If my memory is correct, that was the initial definition of 'hover: none':
either cannot hover at all, or cannot conveniently do so, so pages
shouldn't depend on hovering to be usable, but they should also not
depend on hover never happening.

 - Florian