Re: Fwd: status of CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3 Tests

Le 2016-12-01 10:51, Thierry MICHEL a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> After some work done on the CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3
> CR Test Suite (thanks to David Baron and Gérard Talbot ) and after
> running the test suite against multiple browsers, the results have
> currently largely improved.
>
> In my previous message, there was only 372 of 603 required tests
> meeting CR exit criteria.
> Today we have 479 of 604 required tests meet CR exit criteria.
> - 2 of 2 optional tests meet CR exit criteria.
> - 125 required tests are considered valid and do not meet CR exit
> criteria.
>
> I couldn't run these tests on Safari, as I do not have a Apple
> computer.
> Running those on Safari (especially the one highlighted in yellow) may
> improve the results.
>
> The CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3 CR Test Suite Results
> are available at
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-background/nightly-unstable/report/results.html
>

> Another issue is the proper coverage of this testsuite.
>
> Some sections have a large number of tests (250), some just one or two
> tests. Somme sections have no tests.  (Attached is a file with the
> number of test per sections)
> So the question remains about the testsuite being good enough to cover
> all the functionalities of the spec.
>
> Thierry.

Regarding number of tests (failed or not, meeting CR exit criteria or
not) and coverage. It must be said that some tests are in fact multiple
smaller sub-tests. One example here:

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-backgrounds-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html4/box-shadow-syntax-001.htm

is in fact 31 semi-complex sub-tests. And there are other tests which
are in fact a set of multiple smaller sub-tests.

Among the tests that currently failed or that have some issues, there is
a significant amount of them related to proper linkage to
background-image or border-image. More on that in public-css-testsuite
mailing list.

Gérard