Fwd: status of CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3 Tests

Hi,

After some work done on the CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3
CR Test Suite (thanks to David Baron and Gérard Talbot ) and after
running the test suite against multiple browsers, the results have
currently largely improved.

In my previous message, there was only 372 of 603 required tests meeting
CR exit criteria.
Today we have 479 of 604 required tests meet CR exit criteria.
- 2 of 2 optional tests meet CR exit criteria.
- 125 required tests are considered valid and do not meet CR exit criteria.

I couldn't run these tests on Safari, as I do not have a Apple computer.
Running those on Safari (especially the one highlighted in yellow) may
improve the results.

The CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3 CR Test Suite Results
are available at
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-background/nightly-unstable/report/results.html

Another issue is the proper coverage of this testsuite.

Some sections have a large number of tests (250), some just one or two
tests. Somme sections have no tests.  (Attached is a file with the
number of test per sections)
So the question remains about the testsuite being good enough to cover
all the functionalities of the spec.

Thierry.