Re: [css-flexbox] 'order' and absolutely-positioned children

On 04/11/2016 06:41 PM, fantasai wrote:
> Tab and I were just discussing some redundant wording with Mats
> about reordering grid container children and noticed that none
> of the implementations implement the 'order'-based reordering
> of absolutely-positioned flex children.
>    http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/?saved=4043
>
> (Previously 'order' had an effect on the static position of
> abspos children of a flex container, but since we removed that,
> painting order is the only remaining effect that 'order' has
> on absposes.)
>
> We're proposing therefore to remove this requirement, to align
> with the implementations and to make absolute positioning more
> consistent across layout modes (given other layout modes don't
> handle 'order').
>
> Thoughts?

To close on this, the CSSWG accepted to align with Flexbox implementations
and remove order's affect on abspos children of flex and grid containers.
Abspos children will behave as if 'order: 0' was specified. If anyone has
an objection to this, let us know.

~fantasai