Re: Towards a better testsuite

hi Gérard,

On 10/04/2016 01:13, Gérard Talbot wrote:
> Which HTML editor are you using to create your tests? I ask because a
> growing majority of HTML editors now have a "Suppress empty blank spaces
> at end of line when saving" user-preference setting.

Dreamweaver.  I don't think it has that option.

(Btw, i'm wondering about the implications of automatically suppressing
blank spaces at the end of lines of content for text that is written in
scripts such as Japanese or Thai, where the whitespace rules may produce
unexpected effects if a space at the end of your line is removed.)

>> By the way, while i'm making suggestions, one other thing i'd like to
>> change is the dumping of huge numbers of tests in a single high level
>> directory without further structure.  For example, the CSS Writing
>> Modes spec has around 1000 tests that are all in one directory.  It
>> would be much easier to find specific tests and determine coverage,
>> etc. if the tests were in a directory structure that more closely
>> matched the structure of the document (at least to some degree).
>
> The /source/
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/
>
> does not have what you are requesting but the built test suite has it:
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/toc.htm

Sure, if i can remember where that link is ;-).

thanks,
ri