Re: [css-cascade-4][css3-ui] naming collision: the "default" value

On 5/5/15 11:50 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>> If no love for 'origin' alone, how about:
>> 'ua-origin','default-origin' or 'back-origin'?
>
>"origin" is also an already-overloaded term of art in the web (the
>more important usage of it is the origin of a URL), and we don't
>really talk about it except in Cascade; in ordinary parlance, we talk
>about "the user-agent stylesheet" directly, rather than mentioning the
>"user-agent origin".  I agree that it's not a good term to use here.
>
>My favorite is "default-value" from Florian. ^_^

Ok. Last suggestion my brain can produce. How about 'primary'?

Semantically it does mean "highest in rank or importance".
That would play well along the 'initial' keyword semantic. I like
that it can signify both primary-(value) and primary-(source-of-origin).

If not, the long form "default-value" is my least object-able as well.

BR