Re: [css-shapes] An inquiry about the current state

On 6/11/15, 1:19 AM, "Soonbo Han" <soonbo.han@lge.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>My name is Soonbo Han from LG Electronics, and I'm a co-editor of the CSS
>Round Display spec [1]. I'm currently revising the 'shape-inside' property
>section [2] where CSS Shapes Module Level 2 [3] will be referred to.
>
>However, I could not find any active discussion on CSS Shapes 2 on the
>mailing list recently. I'd like to hear what the latest state of CSS
>Shapes
>2 is. If possible, regarding both the spec and its implementations,
>particularly of the shape-inside property.

I consider work on Shapes level 2 to mostly be on hold pending wider
implementation of level 1. As far as I know there are no implementations
of any of the level 2 features. As the features get discussed I’ve been
updating the draft, but other than that I haven’t been actively working on
it. If you have new feedback for the shape-inside property I think we
should start discussing the changes you’re looking for on this list.

The working group resolved to publish a first public working draft in
Sydney, and I failed to get that done. I’m not sure we’ve ever published a
diff spec as a FPWD before. Both Shapes level 2 and Text level 4 are in
that diff state and need to be published.

Thanks,

Alan