Re: [css-text-4] text-wrap:balance take 2

> On 06 Feb 2015, at 06:23, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>
> I still think there’s a clear distinction between these cases:
>
> 1. Balance lines, allowing changes to the ‘normal’ line measure
>
> (headlines, short caption/aside)
>
> 2. Try to fix a short last line without changing the ‘normal’ line measure
> too much
>
> (anything more like a paragraph)
>
> I think most of the use cases brought up for text-wrap:balance fit into
> the first category. I could certainly be wrong. What do others think?

Also case 3, as previously mentioned, with smart wrap points in headings, which you dealt with with text-wrap:avoid

I agree with you on 1 and 3 being well defined cases, which are well served with what we've specified so far.

As for case 2, it feels like the kind of things that should rather be solved with widows/orphan-like controls than with text-wrap: some-variant-of-balance, but I haven't though too deeply about it.

 - Florian