Re: [css-writing-modes] caption-side logical values should only be in css-logical-props?

On 08/26/2015 08:19 AM, Koji Ishii wrote:

> Yes for implementations that support side captions, but otherwise "top" as the initial value is fine. That can be defined well
> enough in the spec without introducing the logical values.

That's a bit weird, because 'top' *should not* mean block-start.
We're just trapped in a weird situation due to legacy.

> The CSS Logical properties are still very early draft, and is subject to change. The caption-side property does not worth to
> make an exception, which could cause troubles when large changes are made to the spec.

This is not a logical property, it's logical values. We already
have some in CSS3 Text, for example, in text-align.

~fantasai