Re: [css-writing-modes] caption-side logical values should only be in css-logical-props?

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 9:39 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
wrote:

> On 08/25/2015 08:22 AM, Koji Ishii wrote:
>
>> Writing Modes spec defining logical values only for this property
>> does not look consistent.
>>
>> It's already defined in CSS Logical Properties Level 1[1], so I think
>> we should define only interpretation of existing values in Writing Modes
>> spec, and delegate all logical values to CSS Logical Properties spec.
>>
>> Does this look reasonable?
>>

> On the surface, yes, but the reason it's included here is
> because the initial value is one of the logical values.

Yes for implementations that support side captions, but otherwise "top" as
the initial value is fine. That can be defined well enough in the spec
without introducing the logical values.

The CSS Logical properties are still very early draft, and is subject to
change. The caption-side property does not worth to make an exception,
which could cause troubles when large changes are made to the spec.

/koji