Re: [css-ruby] ruby-position: inter-character

From: Bobby Tung <bobbytung@wanderer.tw>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:57:22 +0800
Cc: (wrong string) 钧 陈 <ethantw@me.com>, "font@but.tw" <font@but.tw>
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>  2014~919 U11:41 gDG
> In order for layout code to do it, though, I need really good documentation telling me how to implement it.

Here's the Handbook of Bopomofo Symbols published in 2000 by Ministry of Education Taiwan:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u37293vqchpaor5/mandarin_zhuyinfuhou_handbook.pdf?dl=0

Same with links Richard provided before. It's the only official publication to tell how to align Bopomofo in print books.

There are 3 proportions: 9:9, 9:8 and 8:9. I called to the Ministry today, person in charge told me 9:9 (pp.5-6) is preferable for better legibility.

Bobby Tung