Re: [css-ruby] ruby-position: inter-character

On Sep 19, 2014, at 6:23 AM, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote:

> I think Dave is on the right track. I think the CSS spec doesn't need to specify in detail how to arrange the bopomofo letters and tones relative to themselves - I think however the Chinese layout requirements document which is in preparation probably should.
>
> I propose we carry on.

My preference would be for layout code to do it, since then I can just implement it in WebKit, and it would work with any font. Requiring the font to support it seems impractical to me.

In order for layout code to do it, though, I need really good documentation telling me how to implement it.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)