From: Bobby Tung [mailto:bobbytung@wanderer.tw]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 5:56 PM
To: Richard Ishida
Cc: David Hyatt; www-style list; Xiaoqian Wu; ÞȾû ³Â
Subject: Re: [css-ruby] ruby-position: inter-character

That¡¯s so great, I¡¯ve done some testing for that.

Here¡¯s the quick sample for testing :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s22wxba3iotjers/bopomofo_hori.xhtml

1. alignment to Hanzi looks nice so far, and https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rcb97do3lnza51/alignment.png

2, Bopomofo is grouped.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/35428g4zvp6h7x7/rubyposition.mov

That fulfilled the basic requirement for horizontal writing rule, and yes, need some extra work on tone marks.

1. In the xhtml sample, I need add blank nested ruby for every characters to make sure letter space consistent.

2. dot above (U+02D9) ¡¯s glyph is still another issue to solve.

And more information. Links provided by Richard is from Ministry of Education Taiwan for print text-books.

I think jb99.htm is generally used in text-books:
http://www.edu.tw/files/site_content/M0001/juyin/jb99.htm

Bobby Tung
bobbytung@wanderer.tw

Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> ì¶ 2014/9/18 ÉÏÎç11:35 Œ‘µÀ£º