Re: [css3-writing-modes] eliminate 'sideways' and 'sideways-left' for 'text-orientation'

fantasai wrote:

> > I continue to think that the behavior of 'sideways' is unnecessary
> > here and the fact that you have three property values here will
> > cause author confusion. But the table cell case you and GĂ©rard have
> > pointed out makes sense so I'll relent here.
>
> 'sideways' is automatic so that horizontal-script authors don't
> have to think about which direction they rotated the block.
> You just set
>    'text-orientation: sideways'
> on the root element and forget about it.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "which direction they
rotated the block". Are you talking about which writing mode they
set on a given table header (i.e. vertical-rl vs. vertical-lr)?

Cheers,

John