Re: [cssom] overwriting an important style

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Mike Sherov <mike.sherov@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > If you can convince David Baron... :-)
>>
>> So I do like it the way it is, but I don't think I'm the major
>> obstacle. I thought that Gecko was the only browser that does it
>> the way you want (thanks to Zack's change a number of years ago),
>> and all the others match my understanding. Are those other browsers
>> willing to change? (Or is my memory wrong?)
>
> FF is the only browser that doesn't match spec here and does what I want.
> The jQuery team opened bugs for this against WebKit, Blink, and IE.

The last time this came up, didn't someone do a survey of all the JS
code on Github or something like that, and find that nearly all code
that uses this API assumed it worked the way it does in Firefox right
now?  That seems like a pretty compelling argument for changing the
spec all by itself, if you ask me.

zw