[CSSWG] Minutes Sophia-Antipolis F2F 2014-09-09 Part I: Path Motion as FXFT, Future F2F Meetings

From: Dael Jackson <daelcss@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:05:30 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
Path Motion as FXTF
-------------------

  - RESOLVED: joint publish CSS motion paths with SVG WG

Future F2F meetings
-------------------

  - There will be a join meeting with SVG on the Thursday morning of
       TPAC.
  - Next F2F is in Australia hosted by Google and overlapping with
       SVG, tentatively the first week of February.
  - RESOLVED: Monday-Tue SVG, Weds FX, Thu-Fri CSS
  - Next is 18-22 May, NYC, host Bloomberg, dates pending research
       on other conferences around that time
  - Google will host sometime in late summer with a location
       somewhere in Europe (London, Paris, and Zurich were all
       mentioned)

===== FULL MINUTES BELOW ======

Present:
  Glenn Adams
  Rossen Atanassov
  Tab Atkins
  David Baron
  Bert Bos
  Dave Cramer
  Elika Etemad
  Daniel Glazman
  Koji Ishii (Skype)
  Ian Kilpatrick
  Philippe Le H├ęgaret
  Chris Lilley
  Peter Linss
  Edward O'Connor
  Simon Pieters
  Florian Rivoal
  Andrey Rybka
  Simon Sapin
  Dirk Schulze
  Alan Stearns
  Shane Stephens
  Greg Whitworth
  Steve Zilles

Scribe: ChrisL

Path Motion as FXTF
-------------------

  krit: We want to joint publish with SVG WG.
  hober: Yes, that makes sense.

  RESOLVED: joint publish CSS motion paths with SVG WG

Future F2F meetings
-------------------

  glazou: TPAC is first up; Register already because after 1 Oct the
          fee doubles
  <dbaron> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2014JulSep/0120.html
           says the fee goes up after 8 October.

  hober: Are we doing a third day on Sunday?
  many: No.
  krit: How about a joint meeting with SVG?
  glazou: Are there enough people on Thurs?
  Many: Yes.
  <dbaron> http://www.w3.org/2014/11/TPAC/

  glazou: AC meeting is also part of Thursday.
  dbaron: There's a very long lunch with AC meetings and ad hoc then
  dbaron: 4 hours for ad hoc and un-conference stuff and AC.
  glazou: Ok so a joint meet first 2 hours Thurs am?

  glazou: Also, hotel reservations are filling up and the rate
          increases after a few weeks.

  <dbaron> http://wiki.csswg.org/planning/2015
  glazou: The next F2F is at Google Australia. It's tentatively the
          first week February in Sydney.
  glazou: I want to make a firm decision so we can book flights.
  krit: I would have preferred January.
  ChrisL: SVG is meeting the same time on the same week.
  hober: (checking with dino)
  (fares discussion)
  (more fares juggling, exclaiming, moaning)

  krit: How about Mon-Weds and Thurs-Sat?
  krit: Thursday 5 to Saturday 7 with FX on Wednesday?
  glazou: Saturday means losing Monday for work, arriving Tuesday.
  TabAtkins: Coming back takes -3 hours with dateline.

  (flight scheduling for SF bay area)

  RESOLVED: Monday-Tue SVG, Weds FX, Thu-Fri CSS

  glazou: The next host is bloomberg.
  glazou: In NY city.
  plh: TPAC 2015 likely Japan
  hober: NY in May?
  andrey: sure
  dauwhe: AC meeting is early May, Paris.
  plinss: I thought it was early April.
  hober: Europe is missing out for the next few, then
  glazou: First week of May is not good
  dauwhe: Last week May is also bad
  dbaron: JSconf? When is it?

  (mid may seems the best, with time after Australia)

  fantasai: Lets find out more about May conferences
  glazou: The proposal is sometime 18-22 May, NYC, host Bloomberg.
  <dbaron> I've been live-editing http://wiki.csswg.org/planning as
           we decide things.

  glazou: September?
  TabAtkins: London or Paris, hosted Google.
  glazou: Is it ok for Google to host twice?
  TabAtkins: (its ok)
  shane: or Zurich.

  <dbaron> People want to avoid last week of August and first week
           of September
  <dbaron> Though maybe the last week of August is ok.
  <dbaron> US Labor Day is September 7, 2015.

  hober: dino confirms Australia dates OK for him.
  TabAtkins: Week of 24 Aug, London or Zurich?
  steve: Rome?
  glazou: Hotels are much more expensive in London.
  dbaron: It depends where in London.
  TabAtkins: Zurich is reasonable, there's a good hotel in easy walk
             of office.

  (tpac 2015 date speculation)
  plh: 26-30 October
  plh: IETF is in Yokohama.
  plh: Perhaps Sapporo or Osaka.
  fantasai: I'd much prefer week after IETF.
  fantasai: 9-13 Nov.

  <dbaron> I think http://wiki.csswg.org/planning#upcoming-meetings
           reflects what we just decided for 2015, but somebody
           should probably check it.
  <dbaron> There seems to be something making SFO->SYD flights
           particularly expensive the weekend before the dates we
           chose for Sydney, particularly the Friday-Sunday (+US$300)
           and Saturday-Monday (+US$500) flights.
  <shans> dbaron: Air NZ has return economy tickets for $1374,
          flying out on Sunday and back on Saturday
  <dbaron> shans, yeah, it's much less expensive to leave Sunday or
           later, though that's risky for a WG meeting starting
           Wednesday.
  <shans> dbaron: oh, I see. Misunderstood your initial comment.