Re: Scroll-linked effects demos and brainstorming at TPAC?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:

> > On 15 Oct 2014, at 9:07 am, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org> wrote:
> >> There are a number of proposals in flight for enabling scroll-coupled
> >> effects and scroll customization.  Eg. Apple's animation-based API, and
> our
> >> (Google's) scroll-delay and beforescroll.
> >>
> >> Is there interest in some informal face-to-face time at TPAC to compare
> >> demos and discuss the best path forward for standard APIs to enable such
> >> scenarios?
> >>
> >> I've tentatively added an ad-hoc meeting for Tuesday 11-12.  Does that
> work?
> >> I'm new to TPAC so feel free to suggest better mechanisms for organizing
> >> discussion here.
> >
> > I think this would be great as an official topic in the CSS meeting
> > days, actually.  The scroll stuff is really interesting, but a bit
> > spread out and hard for me to follow.  Having a few people laying
> > things out plainly for us would be great.
>
> Agreed. And I think we'll need more than one hour.

That's fine with me.  I don't have enough content for a big formal
presentation or anything, but I'm happy to show a couple demos and
participate in a broader discussion.  Let me know if this is added to the
CSSWG schedule and I'll remove the ad-hoc meeting suggestion.