Re: [cssom-view] scroll-behavior CSS property 'auto' value

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 19:57:05 +0200, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 4:45 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
>
> OK. So then "instant" would be the same as "smooth" when there are no
> snap
>> points. I guess that works.
>>

> Good.
>

>> But you still want to allow the author to ask for instant scrolling
>> without snap points for keyboard users and mouse users with a scroll
>> wheel?
>

> *I* don't, because as I just mentioned I don't believe in the presented
> rationale for "scroll-behavior:instant". But others apparently do.

OK.

I think I'd like wider implementor interest before specifying instant as
proposed. But I can rename the current instant to normal so that it's
possible to add instant in the future. Does that work?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software