[css3-ui] tooltip for ellipsed text (Issue 49)

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:37:09 +0100
Cc: philip@philipwalton.com, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

When text is being ellipsed, and the user hovers over it, safari shows the full text in a tooltip, while other browsers don’t.

I think this could be worth standardising, as authors sometimes create this tooltip via js, clashing with the native tooltip of browsers that do provide it.

I do not have a strong preference about whether browsers should natively show the tooltip or not (although it does sound like a nice thing to do), but this is probably worth being consistent about.

 - Florian