Re: [css-ruby] Space distribution in situations with spanning annotations

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 4:21 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
wrote:

> On 11/20/2014 11:16 PM, fantasai wrote:
>
>> On 11/19/2014 06:49 PM, Xidorn Quan wrote:
>>

>>> Does it make sense?
>>>

>> *sigh* Yes. Yes, it makes total sense and your answer is correct,
>> it should behave like the second rendering. And the fact that
>> nested markup does not behave that way is a bug in nested markup.
>>

> Actually, let me think about that answer a bit more. The different markup
> shouldn't behave differently, but I'm a bit unsure about the correct space
> distribution, particularly in justified cases.

If we have spanning, why do we need to take much care about nested markup?
I feel the behavior I descibed for nested markup is acceptable. It's just
like the case for table.

> I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment (and that's a bit of an
> understatement),
> so I'll have to get back to you on it later. :/

No worries, it's not that urgent for me. I just want to have some
discussion about this in advance, and hopefully have the issue fixed before
I start implementing this part.

But indeed, I have found that spacing distribution seems to be the second
most difficult part to implement in this spec.

- Xidorn