Re: [css3-ui] prose improvement to directional nav- (issue 29)

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:48:14 +0100
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: Tantek «elik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>

> On 19 Nov 2014, at 09:40, Tantek «elik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 6:42 AM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>> Here is a proposed patch to resolve issue 29 of [css3-ui]
> Thanks. Patch looks good except for HTML escaping "<id>" which I took care of.

Oops, thanks.

>> The behaviour was arguably implied by the previous prose, and is interoperable (tested Presto and samsung's Chromium fork).
> Are there tests available at public URLs or submitted to the test suite?

Not yet. However, I am not sure how to make that into an official test. I checked that if the id does not match any element, normal spacial navigation applies, which it does. However, what "normal spacial navigationĒ is is up to individual implementations. Itís easy to craft a test where it is obvious what should happen, but that wouldnít actually be spec mandated behaviour. Is that still ok?

If yes, Iíll submit the test. If not, I am unsure how to make one.

 - Florian