[css3-ui] Pseudo elements

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 19:04:17 +0100
Cc: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
To: www-style@w3.org
css3-ui defines a few pseudo elements meant to style XFORMS in http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ui/#pseudo-elements, all marked at risk. During TPAC, a task was assigned to Bert (http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/actions/656) to ask Steven Pemberton and try find if there are any implementations. Steven suggested XSLTForms as the most likely candidate, but it does not implement these pseudos. Bert found one implementation: X-Smile (http://www.xsmiles.org/), but this is unmaintained since 2008.

Tantek, do you know of other implementations?

If not, even though they seem quite well defined to me, given the apparent general lack of implementation interest and the status of XFORMS on the web, I suggest dropping this section from CSS3-UI.