[css-ui][selectors] Deferring definitions of pseudo classes to selectors 4

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 19:02:50 +0100
Cc: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
To: www-style@w3.org
We discussed this at TPAC, and I believe we had consensus, but did not record a resolution.

All the pseudo classes defined in css3-ui are also defined in selectors 4. There are no contradictions between css-ui definitions and selectors definitions. Mostly they are the same, but some have a few more details and clarifications in the selectors specification. Selectors also defines additional pseudo classes not mentioned in css3-ui.

We could bring up to speed the definitions in css3-ui, but I don’t think it is helpful to have two specifications advancing in parallel and with similar maturities, both claiming to supersede 2.1 and selectors 3.

I propose that we remove the section in css3-ui about pseudo classes (http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ui/#pseudo-classes), and let selectors 4 define them.