Re: [css-content] Restructuring CSS Generated Content

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 17:20:33 +0100
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com>

> On 10 Nov 2014, at 23:25, Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> E. The icon property is both here and in CSS-UI, and is marked at-risk there. Should I delete it here, or should it move from CSS-UI?

I could only find the icon value of the content property here, not the icon property itself. Anyway, I agree that it should probably only be defined in one place eventually, and that css-content will be a good home for it. For now though, css-ui is the more mature spec (although it certainly needs some work as well), so I suggest keeping it there. Once css-content shapes up and is ready to move towards CR, I wouldn’t mind removing it from css-ui and having it only in css-content (if it hasn’t been dropped. As you noted, it is at risk), but at this state I think it’s premature.

My suggestion would be to keep the ‘icon’ value in the content property, and not to worry about importing the ‘icon’ property just yet.

 - Florian