Re: [cssom-view] scope of the 'scroll-behavior' property

On Friday 2014-05-23 02:41 +1000, Simon Pieters wrote:
> On Thu, 22 May 2014 10:52:36 +0900, L. David Baron
> <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> >First, the spec doesn't seem to say how the two interact:  for the
> >methods that have ScrollOptions parameters, which of the
> >'scroll-behavior' or ScrollOptions wins?
>
> It does, see http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#perform-a-scroll
>
> However, I'm open to changing the default from "auto" to "instant"
> and also maybe removing the "auto" value from the API.

Oh, I had assumed that 'auto' represented the user/system default,
not backstop to 'scroll-behavior'.  Is it intentional that those are
completely ignored?

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.