Re: [css-flexbox] Edits to testsuite have broken some submitted tests

Le 2014-05-22 13:07, Daniel Holbert a écrit :

> Do these
> tests *need* to be HTML (not XHTML), by the way?

Historically, tests needed to be in HTML4 because Internet Explorer (8
and lower) was not able to parse accordingly xhtml+xml types of files.

>> I'm not 100% sure of your question (by live, I assume you mean the
>> latest and most recent version of tests originally submitted)
>
> I'm asking where the files that I linked in my first message on this
> thread (and linked from the flexbox ED spec) are tracked / managed.

If the src file was an XHTML file, then I believe it is converted into
an .htm file and such .htm file is not trackable; only the src file is
trackable (with history of changes, history of versions in Shepherd
system).

> For reference, here's the link to one such file (in the testsuite):
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-flexbox-1_dev/nightly-unstable/html/reference/flexbox-align-self-vert-4-ref.htm
>
> Note that this file ends in .htm, not .xhtml.

If an .htm version of the test is created, then its associated reference
file must also be in an .htm version.

>> but the src of tests
>> flexbox-align-self-vert-4.xhtml
> [...]
>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/mozilla-central-reftests/
>
> Right, those are the working .xhtml versions, not the converted/broken
> .htm versions.

Daniel, if I understand your post - and I believe I do now (sorry if I
did not the first time) - , then the src file must use

     CSS FOR TEST
]]></style>

and then XHTML-to-HTML autoconversion problems of CSS code will not
occur and should not occur.

> I'm looking for where the .htm versions were added &
> where *they* are tracked.

If the src file was an XHTML file, then I believe it is converted into
an .htm file and such .htm file is not trackable; only the src file is
trackable (with history of changes, history of versions in Shepherd
system).

Gérard