Re: [selectors] Self-referential link pseudo-class

On 07/05/2014 09:59, Antony Kennedy wrote:
> Hello.
>
> It’s a common issue to try to figure out how to specifically style
> the link that points to the current URL, for example, in a navigation
> list:
>
> <ul>
> </ul>
>
> Typically this is dealt with by adding class=“active” or something
> similar to the link that points to the current URL, or by removing
> the link altogether, but there is no standardised practise for
> self-referential links.
>
> What does everyone think of something like :current or :self as a
> anchor pseudo-class to easily style links that point to the current
> URL?
>
> This should ignore hashes appended to the location, but probably not
> querystrings etc.
>
> I’d love to hear everyone’s opinion.

Until recently, the Selectors spec had a :local-link pseudo-class. You
can find it’s definition here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-selectors4-20130502/#local-pseudo

It was deferred to Level 5, since some of its details were still
uncertain and we’re trying to stabilize Level 4.

--
Simon Sapin