Re: [css-line-grid] limiting level 1 to dominant baselines

> On Mar 20, 2014, at 4:56 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>

> The current draft only mentions snapping the dominant baseline to the
> matching baseline on the grid. I think I would prefer to keep this
> limitation for the first level of the line-grid spec. Choosing which
> baseline to snap to which grid line could come later, if we actually
> achieve a dominant baseline snap first

The "dominant baseline" of a text area is the last line, right? This already makes it very hard to vertically align labels with text areas in forms in the way that would be most useful. I think we really need 'first-baseline' (and 'last-baseline', I guess) as values for both 'vertical-align' and 'block-snap'.  Then you could use 'vertical-align: first-baseline' for when you have inline-block labels, and 'block-snap: first-baseline' for when you have floated labels.