Re: [css-writing-modes] Rename extent/measure to block-size/inline-size?

MURAKAMI-san wrote:

 > "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote on 2014/03/05 4:07:14

I will not miss "logical", which always seemed like an abuse of logic.

But I think "inline size" should be "line size". Elements are "inline"
when they occupy part of a line, but the whole line is better referred
to simly a "line", like we do in "line box".

 > > We consistently use "size" as a neutral term for width/height, so I'm
 > > happy to continue using that.
 > >
 > > I did a quick grep through the repo to find sentences that use
 > > measure/extent currently, and replacing those instances with
 > > inline-size/block-size feels pretty natural.  I'm happy with this.
 >
 > I'm happy with this, too.
 > Also I think "block-size" is better than "block size" because the
 > two words "block size" sounds like "block's size" (2-dimensional).

I agree. So my proposal would be:

  block-size
  line-size

Likewise, I think "inline-start" and "inline-end" should be renamed

  line-start
  line-end

to match "block-start" and "block-end".

  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-writing-modes-3/#logical-directions