Re: [css3-values] feedback

On 09/06/2013 10:00 AM, Dennis German wrote:
> 3.3 Quoted Strings
> EXAMPLE 3
> Double quotes cannot occur inside double quotes, unless escaped (as |"\""| or as |"\22"|).
> Analogously for single quotes (|'\''| or |'\27'|).
>
> Might an explanation of \22  being the hexadecimal escape for quotes and
> \27 being the hexadecimal escape for single quote be helpful.
>
> An additional example using the o'clock string might be useful.
>
> It seems unclear (to me) if the sample in the parenthesis is permitted or prohibited,
> but maybe that just me.

There is really only one type of numerical escape in CSS,
so I don't think there needs to be an explanation of its
hexadecimalness. The wording seems pretty clear to me...
but I added a link to the section on escaping [1], which
should make things easier for people who are unfamiliar
with CSS's escaping syntax.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#escaped-characters

Let me know if that works for you.

~fantasai