Re: [css-counter-styles] counter(foo, undefined-style)

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
> On 07/03/2014 23:24, Xidorn Quan wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-counter-styles/#extending-css2 extends the
>>> counter() and counters() function to accept a <counter-style-name>, but
>>> does
>>> not define what happens when no counter style is defined with a
>>> corresponding name.
>>>
>>> Compare with http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-lists/#propdef-list-style-type
>>> that
>>> defines list-style-type to fall back to 'none', and to CSS 2 where an
>>> invalid <'list-style-type'> drops the declaration.
>>
>> Good catch. I hope it falls back to 'decimal' in all places to keep
>> consistence inside css-counter-styles.
>
> Do you think list-style-type should do that too?

Well, the behavior in my current impl is this, since I didn't catch
this point. That's why I said "I hope". But seriously, I think
list-style-type could fallback to any of 'none', 'disc' or 'decimal',
whichever seems to be reasonable to me. However, I think counter() and
counters() should fallback to 'decimal'.

- Xidorn