Re: [CfC] adding 'rebeccapurple' color to CSS Color Level 4

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 09:48:06 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On 19/06/2014 17:04, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> (co-chair hat on)
> Following a proposal sent to social media, it is suggested
> to add the named color 'rebeccapurple', for value #663399, to
> CSS Color Level 4. This is a tribute to Eric Meyer's daughter
> who recently passed away and a mark of support from all the
> Web community to Eric. I requested to ping Eric to be absolutely
> sure he is ok with this; he responded "he was honored by the gesture,
> and would love to accept it".
> Some implementors (Mozilla, Apple, Google and Microsoft) have already
> said they will implement and ship the new value.
> So this is a Call for Consensus on that proposal.
> Unless there is an objection in reply to the present message
> before this friday 11:59pm pacific time, I will declare consensus and
> the value will be added to CSS Color Level 4.

No objection being raised on this CfC before the deadline,
I declare consensus. Tab, please add the 'rebeccapurple' color
to CSS Color Level 4?

For the record, Tab asked me to notify Eric because I was
already in the WG at the time he was here. I will do it
later today, not in only on behalf of the CSS WG, but also
on behalf of all of us, his web community.

Congrats everyone!