Re: [css-font-loading] FontFaceSet should inherit from EventTarget

On 6/21/14, 1:39 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I can do that, but aw, that's terrible.  Using inheritance for what is
> clearly a functionality mix-in is just a terrible abuse. :/

It really depends on what your goals are in terms of behavior.

If a library hooks EventTarget.prototype.addEventListener to do some
logging, would it expect addEventListener calls on a FontFaceSet to be
logged?  If so, then you want inheritance, not a mix-in.

-Boris