Re: Why not max/min-font-size? & extend them to other properties of sizes

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org> wrote:
> Le 2014-06-16 19:09, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
>
>> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 6:02 AM, Kseso? <kseso9@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Now, we have available units based on the size of the viewport.
>>> These units can declare on the size of the texts.
>>> CSS does not have a way to limit the computed maximum or minimum value of
>>> them.
>>>
>>> I think you should consider the convenience of including the css
>>> properties:
>>> max-font-size
>>> min-font-size
>>> onto the "Css Font module" document.
>>

>> These seem easy and useful;
>

> How does a web author know in advance the mininimum text size suitable for
> his audience?

People usually complain about text being too *small*, not too large.
I don't see a problem here. This lets authors set a font-size in
something useful but possibly variable, but ensure it doesn't get
smaller than, say, 16px.

> How can a web author know the pixel density of my screen resolution? (eg
> 96DPI)

What relevance does this have?

~TJ