RE: [mediaqueries] UI styling Media Feature to avoid new custom <meta> tags

From: Greg Whitworth <gwhit@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 21:44:32 +0000
To: Greg Whitworth <gwhit@microsoft.com>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "moz@jeka.info" <moz@jeka.info>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> Just for clarification the MS tag isn't for mobile styling, it's for pinned sites. So
> the @ui-mobile suggestion would not replace the tag you mentioned.
>
> Greg

With that said though, the System Colors that lived under the CSS Colors spec could have addressed this need and it states that it was deprecated to use CSS UI Appearance but that has also been dropped from that spec. The IE team has been asked for similar capabilities and I think it would be worthwhile to come up with a solution for this. I personally like the idea of having System Colors under the color specification.

Greg