Re: why not MediaQueryList.onchange

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 21:22:58 +0200
To: Jonathan Fielding <hello@jonathanfielding.com>
Cc: Jochen Eisinger <eisinger@google.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Jonathan Fielding
<hello@jonathanfielding.com> wrote:
> Would be nice to be able to do addEventListener(“resize”, …) as well, I have mentioned this in previous threads because its really important to some responsive sites

I don't see that this has anything to do with the topic at hand; it
seems inappropriate to fire a "resize" event on a MediaQueryList.
This thread is just about changing the callbacks for when the MQ
matches/unmatches from a custom registration method to a standard
event.

Note that "resize" events are already fired on window and some
elements.  If you have further questions about this, please bring them
up in another thread.