Re: [css-figures][css-multicol][css-overflow] Ten CSS One-Liners to Replace Native Apps

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 18:10:38 -0700
To: Rafał Pietrak <rafal@ztk-rp.eu>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Rafał Pietrak <rafal@ztk-rp.eu> wrote:
> W dniu 27.07.2014 21:20, Tab Atkins Jr. pisze:
>> introduce something new to trigger this kind of behavior instead.
>
> would additional someting like: "column-height: [inharit | measure ]" (with
> inharit as default) do the trick? ...  then "measure" of "1vw" would do the
> triggering? .... or in fact anything else but the default "inharit" could be
> the trigger?

column-height: auto | <length>, if you wanna use the standard grammar terms.

And yeah, something like that's been discussed before, and I think
it's roughly what you want to do.  It doesn't give the "gravity" for
scrolling, nor the paging, but those can both be done separately as
well, via scroll-points and overflow-x:paged.

~TJ