Re: Ignored Properties Inside a @keyframes block

From: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:22:27 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Sara Soueidan <sara.soueidan@gmail.com>, "<www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org>

On Jul 23, 2014, at 7:32 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a somewhat complicated question, because we've resolved on
> changes for it but they haven't all been applied to the spec.

Yes. I'm hoping to resolve this on the next telcon following the most recent
thread on this topic [1]

>  In
> particular, some time ago we resolved that "non-animatable" properties
> should still animate, by just flipping from the start value to the end
> value at 50% of the transition's progress.  Nobody implements this
> yet, but it's still intended behavior, afaik.

I was looking for this in css-transitions and I couldn't find it so we may
have catch-up to do in both specs. I assume animations would do the same
thing for non-animatable properties, though of course the 50% point would
be the mid-point between the two keyframes that update the property. Does
that make sense?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Jul/0297.html