Re: [css-ui] Overflow and ellipses, some in rtl

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 08:00:48 -0700
To: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>, CSS 3 W3C Group <www-style@w3.org>
On 10/03/2013 06:10 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can someone confirm that the Firefox behavior is correct per spec for
> this text case. Once confirmed, I will file a bug with Chrome.
>
> http://css-class.com/test/css/3/text/ellipsis-overflow-hebrew.htm

The behavior I'm seeing in Firefox 29 matches what's in the spec here:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ui/#text-overflow

Note it's listed as SHOULD, not MUST. Definitely seems like better
behavior though, from a user perspective.

Note that text-overflow, despite its name, is in CSS3 UI, not CSS3 Text.

~fantasai