Re: [CSS2.1] Interop Issue in regards to fixed/absolute positioned children inside of inline-relative containers

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 17:34:12 -0400
To: Greg Whitworth <gwhit@microsoft.com>
On 7/15/14, 5:28 PM, Greg Whitworth wrote:
> The Y positioning of the absolute positioned inline element is consistent among all implementations as seen in "Relative with no offset."

Yes, but why is it positioned there?  That seems wrong to me per the
letter of the spec.

> I believe this is correct since setting it to absolute is pulling it out of the flow but keeping it in the same position by default.

Yes, but its "same position" should be between the "inside1" and
"inside2" text (and in particular vertically aligned with them).  I
assume all implementations are taking some sort of shortcut here that
ends up with them mispositioning it....

-Boris