RE: CSS Syntax issues [I18N-ACTION-276]

Hi Simon,

The changes to the @charset section look good. Thank you for that. I will close the specific issues related to that wording.

I don't believe that the I18N WG is satisfied by the text in:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-syntax/#determine-the-fallback-encoding

There is on-going discussion as recent as yesterday about our dissatisfaction with forbidding multiple spaces or the alternate use of single- or double-quotes (as would be consistent with the definition of <string> in CSS3 Syntax and thus the definition in the section on @charset). I (and possibly others) intend to reply specifically to the open thread under separate cover, so I won't do so here, except to say that I18N WG members feel that the overly restrictive syntax is a barrier that users will trip over rather than an aid to interoperability.

Regards,

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Amazon Lab126)