Re: CSS Syntax issues [I18N-ACTION-276]

On 23/01/2014 07:40, Phillips, Addison wrote:
> Dear CSS,
>
> As you probably noticed, we closed a number of issues that we had
> raised that you addressed with a recent update. Thank you.
>
> In addition, we have three remaining issues open [1]. There is
> on-going discussion of the substantive @charset issues. The remaining
> issue, I18N-ISSUE-306, is a editorial issue related to how the byte
> 0x22 and/or the character U+0022 is referred to in the section on
> parsing @charset.
>
> Thanks (for I18N),
>
> Addison
>
> [1] https://www.w3.org/International/track/products/54

Hi,

I believe all three issues listed in [1] to be resolved, as the
corresponding spec text has been rewritten in the Editor’s Draft to not
include the problematic statements (such as "The @charset rule has not
effect on stylesheets"), or otherwise clarify the intended meaning.

The specifics are here:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Jan/0060.html

If you believe this is not resolved, please point up which specific
parts are still problematic in the Editor’s Draft.

There is additionally a mailing-list discussion about changing the
behavior of the @charset byte sequence (that provides an encoding hint)
or the at-rule (that ends up in CSSOM), but this is a separate issue
from what is listed in [1].

--
Simon Sapin