[css-counter-styles] potential abuse of pad

From: Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:28:32 +1100
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

The spec mentions the potential abuse of some systems. However, it is
also possible for 'pad' to be abused in a similar way. The total
characters produced by pad should be limited as well.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure what should happen for a too long pad.
There are two options:

1. drop the whole representation, and use the fallback;
2. drop symbols until the total length is acceptable.

Personally I prefer the first option though I do not have a strong reason.

Regards,
Xidorn Quan