Re: Proposal: Minor 'text-transform' property revision

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 13:02:15 -0800
To: Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com>
Cc: Jonathan Fielding <jonthanfielding@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "Jens O. Meiert" <jens@meiert.com>
On Wednesday 2014-02-19 13:27 -0500, Brian Blakely wrote:
> I recommend leaving the actual blacklist creation to user agents.

No -- building the blacklist is a lot of work, and authors will
complain if user agents don't match.  So the work should be done
only once (in the standards process) rather than multiple times (by
different user-agents) both to save on effort and to improve
interoperability.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,