Re: [css-variables] do we need to have the CSSVariableMap at all?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:16:26 +1100
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
An alternative to CSSVariableMap, if we find that we don't need the
ability to expose a Map-like object representing the custom properties
on a declaration, but we do want to save authors the hassle of
prepending "var-" to their variable names to construct the custom
property names, we could add

   DOMString getVariableValue(DOMString variableName);
   void setVariable(DOMString variableName, DOMString value,
                    optional DOMString priority);

to CSSStyleDeclaration.