Re: Encapsulation and defaulting to open vs closed (was Re: Shadow DOM Encapsulation)

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 02:52:56 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>, "dglazkov@google.com" <dglazkov@google.com>, "<www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org>
* Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>However, this entire topic is straying WAY beyond what's appropriate
>for this forum.  The CSSWG is *not* the right body to second-guess
>decisions made a year ago in WebApps about core Shadow DOM
>functionality, and I'm going to stop responding to any attempts to
>talk about this stuff in www-style.
>
>For the purpose of the www-style threads, we should take the current
>spec as given.  If you disagree, do so in a WebApps thread or bug.

While I agree that some of the recent discussions do not belong on the
www-style mailing list, I am not aware of any second-guessing of actual
decisions made by the W3C WebApps Working Group, and, accordingly, "the
current spec" should be taken as one would take any other proposal that
has no official standing and no consensus. And it does not even include
the feature that is most relevant to this mailing list.