Re: Encapsulation and defaulting to open vs closed (was Re: Shadow DOM Encapsulation)

From: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 02:13:33 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "dglazkov@google.com" <dglazkov@google.com>, "<www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org>

On Feb 6, 2014, at 5:36 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, this entire topic is straying WAY beyond what's appropriate
> for this forum.  The CSSWG is *not* the right body to second-guess
> decisions made a year ago in WebApps about core Shadow DOM
> functionality, and I'm going to stop responding to any attempts to
> talk about this stuff in www-style.

I donít really see a decision here.
And if this is the wrong place for it, donít reference WebApps threads on www-style?

> For the purpose of the www-style threads, we should take the current
> spec as given.  If you disagree, do so in a WebApps thread or bug.

It looks like the spec hasnít resolved a long-standing issues so taking it Ďas givení doesnít really solve anything. And if there is no bug for this issue, it seems like the editors should create one.

For the purpose of www-style proper I understood the spec was not yet written...