Re: Option so line-height only affects height between lines

Le 2014-12-01 14:49, Ben Sciascia a écrit :
> Line-height in CSS not only affects the height between lines of text,
> it also alters the space above and below elements.
>
> This creates a situation similar to the old box model when padding
> also affected width - changing line-height in CSS can require us to
> also alter top and bottom margins or padding.
>

> USE-CASE #1: Top edges of headlines need to line-up with top edges of
> other elements

Are you saying the headlines are on the left-hand (or on the right-hand)
side of other non-headline text elements? What do you do? Are you using
a table element?

> Because line-height also adds space above the headline, headlines
> often fail to line up with other elements.

Please create a *_simple and reduced test page_* illustrating,
demonstrating the issue you describe and upload it somewhere so that we
can examine your code.

> This forces us to compensate with negative margins - and if the line
> height is changed, the compensating adjustments also requiring
> updating, creating unnecessary work.
>

> USE-CASE #2: Headlines need to be visually grouped with paragraphs
>
> If the design requires that headlines be visually grouped with
> paragraphs, less space is required between the headline and paragraph
> and more space before the paragraph.

Visually grouped how? Horizontally? Again, please create a reduce test
page illustrating the issue.

I'm only trying to better understand your description alongside with
what you code exactly.

Gérard